Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy
Education and counseling on food facts with behavioral and lifestyle changes is given to patients with a variety of conditions and illnesses. The goal is to impact long-term eating habits and health. A Registered Dietitian (RD) guides the patients to establish personal goals and guides them in their progress over subsequent visits. Conditions and illnesses include the following:
- Heart Diseases: high blood pressure, high cholesterol and triglycerides, congestive heart failure
- Diabetes: Type 1 and Type 2
- Disease Prevention: general wellness
- Disorders of the gut: celiac disease, cirrhosis, Crohn’s disease, gluten intolerance
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Nutritional Support: oral, enteral, parenteral
- Pediatrics: infant/child feeding, failure-to-thrive, inborn errors of metabolism
- Pulmonary Disease: COPD
- Kidney Disease: insufficiency, chronic failure, transplantation
- Weight Management: Underweight/Overweight/Obesity
- Women’s Health: pregnancy
Each class is designed to help patients learn in a fun and positive setting. You will learn skills to manage your diabetes and maximize your health. These classes ill help you understand many important facts.
- Healthy eating
- Basic carbohydrate counting
- Using the results of your blood glucose levels
- The role of medication
- Benefits of exercise
- Signs of high and low blood glucose
- Goal setting
Diabetes Classes offered in Chico, Oroville, and Yuba City Medical.
If you are an Ampla Health Patient, you may request a referral to one of our Registered Dietitians today.